Aromatherapy Play Dough
2 cups flour
2 cups coloured water (I use Hopper natural colours)
1 cup salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
5 drops dōTERRA essential oils
1. Combine all ingredients, except for the essential oils, in a large saucepan and stir until combined.
2. Once combined, put over a medium heat. Using a spatula, continue to stir ingredients together until the mixture forms a ball.
Note: Don’t overcook as it will lead to dry play dough.
3. Remove from heat and cool on parchment paper.
4. Once cool, add 5 drops of your favorite dōTERRA essential oil and knead until thoroughly combined.
5. You’re done! Just store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for months of play.
For extra fun, match the essential oil to the colour of the play dough. For example:
Orange could be wild orange, frankincense (the King of Oils) or the Invigorating Blend. These are bright and uplifting.
Yellow could be lemon or grapefruit. Great for focus and clarity.
Purple could be lavender or the Calming Blend. Beautiful to soothe and restore.
Green could be the Grounding Blend to bring things back down on a hectic afternoon.
Blue could be peppermint, for its cooling and awakening properties.